James and I began work on Kurzweil today. First we went to Sears to pick up all the tools we need. We ended up getting sockets when we needed spanners, but we can return them.
We went back to the Science Center to open our kit. So many shiny bits and pieces... We started right in on assembly. The acrylic parts smelled really bad, but looked really good. Putting all the little nuts and bolts was tricky but eventually we got the hang of it. We made most of the corner brackets, and James started in on the Z motor block. Some of the acrylic pieces don't fit quite right with the motor shaft, but it's nothing a little filing can't handle.